- Step 1: Ask God to be with you Start by asking God to be with you.
- Step 2: Give thanks Recall those things for which you are most grateful.
- TIP: You may express thanks for your family and health or much smaller things, like the meal you just shared with a friend or the joy you felt at seeing the sun after a rainstorm.
- Step 3: Replay events Replay the events of the day or past several days, almost like a movie, taking note of where you accepted Jesus’s invitation and where you didn't.
- TIP: A good time to pray is often at night, when things are usually calmer and you can look back on the day that’s just come to a close.
- Step 4: Pray for others Think of other people you want to pray for.
- Step 5: Pray for yourself Do not hesitate to pray for yourself by requesting help from Jesus.
- Step 6: Ask for forgiveness Ask for forgiveness for your sins.
- Step 7: Ask for the grace of God Ask for the grace of God to accompany you the next day.
- FACT: In a poll conducted by U.S. News and World Report and Beliefnet.com, 75.8 percent of Christians said they feel it helps when someone prays for them.
You Will Need
- Five minutes to yourself
- An open mind and heart
- Quiet and solitude (helpful
- but not necessary) (optional)