- Step 1: Take a shower daily Take a shower daily to offer a good example for your teenager.
- Step 2: Discuss body changes Discuss the changes taking place in your teenager's body that require them to bathe regularly.
- TIP: Do not make a major issue of out of the topic. Putting too much pressure on your teen may make them dig their heels in.
- Step 3: Discuss hygiene Discuss the importance of good hygiene as well as the health risks of not practicing it regularly.
- Step 4: Discuss social ramifications Explain to your teenager that their friends will not want to hang out with a person with offensive body odor.
- Step 5: Treat a shower as a habit Treat taking a shower as a daily habit that will result in negative consequences if not accomplished.
- FACT: Did you know? Studies show that no specific food – including greasy food and chocolate – has been proven to cause acne.
You Will Need
- A stinky teenager
- A shower
- A frank discussion