- Step 1: Make an appointment Make an appointment with the stylist for a consultation and haircut.
- Step 2: Demonstrate desired length Demonstrate the desired length with your hands. Show the stylist where you want your hair to lay on your face.
- TIP: Bring a picture of your desired curls to the appointment.
- Step 3: Wash your hair The next time you need to wash your hair after you come home with your new cut, wash it and towel it dry.
- Step 4: Use products Rub a dab of the pomade between your palms and then run your hands through your hair
- Step 5: Blow-dry your hair Blow-dry your hair with a round brush. Position the brush at the ends of the hair, curl the brush inward, and slowly pull the brush toward your face while following the brush with the blow dryer.
- TIP: Use a curling iron to curl the sides of your hair inward if the round brush and blow dryer don't give you enough curl.
- Step 6: Set with hairspray Set your final style with a lot of hairspray to ensure the curls won't droop or straighten.
- FACT: Did you know? A New York salon offers classes on how to correctly blow-dry your own hair.
You Will Need
- An appointment with a hair stylist
- A towel
- Styling pomade
- A blow dryer
- A round brush
- A picture of your desired look (optional)
- Curling iron (optional)