- Step 1: Decide which hand Decide which hand you want to use — we suggest your dominant hand, which is usually the hand you write with.
- Step 2: Place middle finger & thumb together Place the tips of your middle finger and thumb together.
- TIP: It often helps to lick your middle finger.
- Step 3: Rest ring finger & pinky against palm Let your ring finger and pinky rest against your palm.
- Step 4: Swipe middle finger down Now quickly, swipe your middle finger down so that it hits the palm of your hand. At the same time, let your thumb pop up to meet your index finger.
- TIP: The harder you press your thumb and middle finger together, the louder the snapping noise will be.
- Step 5: Congratulations You should hear a solid 'snap'—the sound of your middle finger slapping against your palm. Congratulations! Now learn how to whistle and you’ll be a double threat.
- FACT: In some cultures, it’s considered rude to snap your fingers at someone.
You Will Need
- Your hand
- Your tongue
- A bit of spit