- Step 1: Conceal blemishes Use a thin layer of foundation, or dot concealer on blemishes, enlarged pores, and under-eye circles.
- TIP: Don't use foundation on your cheeks if you have facial hair.
- Step 2: Highlight with blush Highlight the apples of your cheeks with a neutral-color blush.
- TIP: With each layer of makeup you apply, go easy. It's easier to add more than to remove it if you use too much.
- Step 3: Apply powder Apply powder to smooth out foundation and reduce shine. Powder comes in both a loose and a compact version.
- Step 4: Emphasize eyes Emphasize your eyes by lining your upper lids, right against the eyelashes, with black or brown eyeliner.
- Step 5: Define lashes Define your lashes with black or brown mascara. Wipe the brush with a tissue before applying to avoid clumps.
- Step 6: Protect with lip balm Protect your lips by applying clear lip gloss or lip balm.
- FACT: In ancient Egypt, both men and women wore eye makeup.
You Will Need
- A makeup brush
- Clear lip gloss or lip balm