- Step 1: Brush hair Brush your hair until it's free of tangles.
- Step 2: Separate into three sections Separate the hair on the top of your head into three sections.
- Step 3: Cross hair Cross the right section over the middle section, and then cross the left section over the middle section, as you would with a regular braid.
- Step 4: Add hair Gather another small section of hair from the right side of your head into the right-hand section, and cross it over the middle section.
- TIP: Keep the braid tight by pulling hair sections and keeping your hands close to the head.
- Step 5: Add more hair Add a small section of hair from the left side of your head into the left-hand section, and cross it over the middle section.
- TIP: While gathering more hair with one hand, keep the three sections in your other hand.
- Step 6: Repeat Repeat, adding small sections one by one, until you have gathered all the hair into the braid.
- Step 7: Finish braid Once you reach the nape of the neck, finish braiding the length of the hair.
- Step 8: Fasten Fasten the end of the braid with a decorative band. Spray it with hairspray and show it off.
- FACT: Did you know? The London cast of Hairspray the musical used approximately 80 cans of hairspray a week.
You Will Need
- Decorative hair band