- : There are numerous varieties of poisonous starfish. Only eat starfish that have been caught and cooked by someone with experience preparing them.
- Step 1: Deep fry Have your expert cook whole starfish in a deep fryer.
- Step 2: Boil salted water If you prefer boiled starfish, heat salted water in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Step 3: Boil for five minutes Drop the starfish into the boiling water and cook it for five to eight minutes.
- Step 4: Remove and cool Remove the starfish from the water and let it cool.
- Step 5: Lay "belly" up to reveal flesh Lay the starfish belly up, and open each foot to reveal the cooked flesh.
- TIP: Eating the skin should not be part of the starfish experience.
- Step 6: Scoop out flesh and enjoy Scoop out the meat, and enjoy with a bit of hot sauce.
- FACT: Did you know? Some varieties of starfish can regenerate an entire new starfish from just a portion of a severed limb.
You Will Need
- An expert
- A deep fryer
- A pot of salted water
- Hot sauce