- Step 1: Watch your manners Watch your manners and don't address the offender in public or tease them when you broach the subject.
- Step 2: Offer a mint Offer them a mint without commenting. Pretend to have no idea if they ask your reasons.
- Step 3: Send an e-mail Type "bad breath e-mail into a search, and find a web site that will send an anonymous bad breath form e-mail for you. Many web sites provide form e-mails that clearly, politely get the point across.
- TIP: Send a whole toothbrush, mouthwash, and floss kit to the person anonymously.
- Step 4: Soften the blow Ask the person if your breath smells, as this can sometimes get them thinking about their own without being embarrassed publicly.
- Step 5: Broach discretely Broach the subject discretely and in private. Begin the conversation by saying, "I've noticed you have a problem I used to have." Even if you didn't have a problem, saying that you did will make it seem like you aren't criticizing and really want to help.
- Step 6: Suggest drinking or eating Suggest that the person drink or eat something to cut or change the odor – a sprig of mint, cinnamon stick, or a lemon wedge release oils that help neutralize offensive breath.
- FACT: Did you know? Bad breath is more common among dieters and people skipping meals.
You Will Need
- An e-mail account
- A sprig of mint
- A cinnamon stick
- Lemon wedge
- Toothbrush (optional)
- Mouthwash (optional)
- Dental floss (optional)