- Step 1: Create flyers Create flyers, which are an easy way to expose locals to your band. Post as many of your flyers as you can. Hit record stores, music shops, concert venues, and bars, along with any other places music lovers frequent.
- TIP: To save money, copy the flyers in black and white.
- Step 2: Get online Create a web site for your band and create profiles on free social-networking sites. An online presence will allow you to reach more people than just those in your geographical area.
- TIP: Don't forget to list your URL on any flyers you create.
- Step 3: Get heard Upload your music to your web site, social-networking sites, and public forums. Prepare CD demos that you can give away to people who might want to book your band or sign you to a recording contract.
- TIP: Record a video of your band and upload the clip for more exposure.
- Step 4: Network Go to as many shows as you can, and listen to other bands. Talk to them about what they are doing to book gigs and be noticed.
- FACT: Did you know? In a recent survey, almost half of 13- to 17-year-olds used social-networking sites to download or stream music.
You Will Need
- A web presence
- Networking skills
- Demo recordings
- A Video (optional)