- Step 1: Decide on script Decide on the puppet show script you wish to use. Write your own dialogue for a creative, personalized touch, or use an already-written script.
- TIP: Puppet show scripts are available online.
- Step 2: Create puppets Choose the type of puppets you want to use. Simple sock puppets are easy to make, and hand puppets are available at stores and online.
- Step 3: Build a stage Build your puppet theater. Consider cutting, painting, and decorating a large cardboard box, or building a stage and set out of wood.
- TIP: Make sure the stage and props are built to scale, based on the size of your puppets.
- Step 4: Rehearse Gather your performers and run through the puppet show. Rehearse using your character’s voice and movements.
- Step 5: Entertain your audience Set up a curtain behind the stage, so you can hide it during the performance, and your audience can stay focused on the puppets. If performers make a mistake, improvise. Take a bow at the end.
- FACT: Did you know? Puppetry has been part of every civilization in history.
You Will Need
- A script
- Material for a puppet stage
- A curtain
- A computer with internet access (optional)