- Step 1: Cut her a little slack Cut her a little slack. Planning a wedding is stressful and time-consuming – especially these days, when the bride is apt to have a full-time job and be paying for part of it herself.
- Step 2: Find your inner Zen Meet her hissy fits with Zen-like calmness; there's no sense in both of you getting riled up. Think of her as a toddler who needs to wear herself out.
- Step 3: Give her time-outs Whenever you need a night off from her histrionics, turn off your phone and tell her the battery died. Little white lies are perfectly acceptable when sanity is at stake.
- Step 4: Be passive-aggressive Be passive-aggressive: Forget to do some of your assigned tasks, or do them incorrectly. Yeah, it will make her even crazier. But it will make you feel so much better.
- TIP: If you're really craving a little payback, ask her if she's putting on weight.
- Step 5: Set limits Set limits. It's one thing to rise above her generalized bad behavior, but you shouldn't put up with personal attacks – or the assumption that you'll go merrily into debt celebrating her marriage.
- FACT: A bride-to-be scarfed down nine mini-cakes in two minutes to win $25,000 in a contest sponsored by the TV show Bridezillas.
You Will Need
- A catty question about her weight (optional)