- Step 1: Pick a time Pick a time when you’ll have uninterrupted access to your colleague’s workspace.
- Step 2: Take picture Take 'before' pictures of the workspace.
- Step 3: Cover the walls Cover the walls and any windows with aluminum foil. Paper the ceiling, too, if you can.
- TIP: Don’t buy the cheap dollar-store foil -- this is a job for the heavy-duty stuff.
- Step 4: Wrap everything Wrap everything in sight -- from the desk, chair, and computer right down to the last pen.
- Step 5: Refer to photos When everything is wrapped, refer to your photos so you can put all the stuff back exactly where it was.
- TIP: Don’t want to spend money on foil? Swipe a stack of sticky notes from the supply closet and cover every last surface with them.
- Step 6: Laugh Laugh your ass off as your coworker spends his morning unwrapping your special gift.
- FACT: In 2003, an airline employee sued Southwest Airlines for having her 'arrested' as an office prank.
You Will Need
- Lots of aluminum foil
- A camera
- Sticky notes