- Step 1: Pinch the ribbon and make a loop Hold the ribbon between your thumb and index finger, leaving a length of ribbon as a tail. Wrap the ribbon around your thumb to make a center loop.
- Step 2: Make a loop Make a loop on one end, pinching it between your thumb and forefinger.
- TIP: Twist the ribbon after making each loop so that the shiny side faces out.
- Step 3: Make another loop Use your other hand to make a loop the longer length of ribbon. Make the loop the same size as the first, and collect it between the thumb and forefinger that is holding the first loop.
- Step 4: Keep making loops Continue looping the ribbon and collecting it between your thumb and finger until you’re satisfied with the fullness of the bow.
- TIP: Make an even amount of loops to keep the bow symmetrical.
- Step 5: Tie the ribbon Tie the middle of the ribbon with a wire tie.
- Step 6: Pull the loops Separate the loops of the ribbon, pulling them out one at a time and in opposite directions. Start from the inside and work toward the outside.
- Step 7: Cut the tail Cut the end to match the tail you left, and you are ready to decorate.
- FACT: Did you know? F.W. Woolworth was the first American retailer to sell colored glass ornaments for Christmas trees in 1880.
You Will Need
- A ribbon
- A wire tie