- Step 1: Heat butter Heat the butter in the pan over low heat.
- Step 2: Crack eggs in pan Crack the eggs into the pan after the butter is melted and has stopped foaming. Tilt the pan for about 30 seconds -- until the whites start to become opaque.
- Step 3: Splash melted butter on whites Lower the pan directly onto the burner and let the eggs cook for another 30 seconds. Splash a little of the melted butter onto the whites to help them set.
- Step 4: Flip egg in pan Scoop the eggs carefully with the spatula and flip them over in the pan. Make the landing as soft as possible so the yolk doesn't break, and fry for another 10 seconds.
- TIP: If you're nervous about flipping your eggs, cover the pan for 10 seconds so they set.
- Step 5: Put eggs on plate Slide the eggs out of the pan and onto your plate, on top of a piece of toast.
- FACT: Did you know? One fried egg is 90 calories. The white has no saturated fat or cholesterol.
You Will Need
- A frying pan
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 eggs
- A wide spatula
- A slice of toast
- Small bowls (optional)
- A frying pan lid (oprional)