- Step 1: Educate yourself Find out exactly what psychic ability you have by consulting parapsychology books and journals. Some common abilities are: clairvoyance, or perception outside normal human experience; mediumship, or communicating with the dead; psychokinesis, or the manipulation of matter and energy with the mind; and telepathy, or mind reading.
- Step 2: Train Based on your research in parapsychology and meditation, devise tests that can be performed with a partner to learn to focus and consistently use your power.
- Step 3: Control your mind Learn meditation and self-hypnosis to gain greater control over your mind.
- Step 4: Keep a journal Keep a journal of your psychic experiences. Track trends and patterns to be able to better predict when your ability will manifest.
- Step 5: Join a group If you feel your ability stems from something spiritual, like yogic flying or certain forms of faith healing, join a group of like-minded people and seek the guidance of a spiritual teacher.
- TIP: Stay away from any institution that makes miraculous promises in exchange for large sums of money.
- Step 6: Document your ability Document your ability with credible institutions, like universities and medical institutes that have parapsychology programs. Volunteer to display your ability, or participate in psychic tests.
- FACT: Roughly half of all Americans believe in extra sensory perception.
You Will Need
- Parapsychology books and journals
- Mental focus
- A partner
- Like-minded people
- A journal (optional)
- A spiritual teacher (optional)