- Step 1: Combine ingredients Combine the mirin, soy sauce, and sugar in a small saucepan.
- TIP: To lower sodium content, use low-sodium soy sauce.
- Step 2: Turn heat to low Simmer the mixture on low heat, stirring. The sugar will completely dissolve.
- Step 3: Cook mixture Cook the sauce until the liquid is reduced to about ¾ cup.
- Step 4: Enjoy Enjoy the eel sauce over chicken, fish or sushi.
- FACT: Did you know? Researchers have studied electric eels to develop artificial cells that could one day power medical implants.
You Will Need
- u00bd c. mirin
- u00bd c. soy sauce
- u00bc c. sugar
- Low sodium soy sauce (optional)