- Step 1: Investigate possible topics Investigate possible topics. Ask yourself what interests you, for instance, theme, character development, or imagery.
- Step 2: Create a list Brainstorm ideas that spring from your interests in the book – and ask fellow club members to send their questions to you before the meeting.
- Step 3: Pick questions Pick between five and 10 questions. You now have your list.
- TIP: If there is not much interest in a question, move on to the next one. Enjoy the conversation.
- Step 4: Show enthusiasm Show enthusiasm. If you’re interested in what you’re talking about, it’ll be infectious – which will result in a dynamic sharing of ideas.
- FACT: Did you know? When Oprah Winfrey selected Anna Karenina for her book club, its publisher ordered 800,000 more copies.
You Will Need
- Brainstorming ability
- A list of questions