- Step 1: Plan ahead Think about the meals you will eat before starting your vacation.
- Step 2: Enjoy breakfast Enjoy a special breakfast, but cut back on calories at other meals.
- Step 3: Eat vegetables Fill out your meals with raw or cooked vegetables.
- TIP: Bring healthy, fiber-rich foods, especially vegetables, for snacking or eating before going to a restaurant.
- Step 4: Don’t clean your plate Stop eating when your hunger is satisfied -- don’t stuff yourself.
- TIP: Drink plenty of water so you feel less hungry and tired.
- Step 5: Indulge in small quantities Allow yourself to indulge and try new foods in small quantities.
- Step 6: Exercise Walk, use a gym, or take a fun exercise class.
- FACT: The serving size of French fries increased from 2.4 ounces in the 1950s to 7.1 ounces in 2003.
You Will Need
- A plan
- Calorie consciousness
- Raw or cooked vegetables
- Healthy snacks (optional)