- Step 1: Fill bottle Fill the spray bottle with olive oil or vegetable oil and use it as a nonstick spray for cookware that has nonstick coating.
- Step 2: Mix ingredients Mix together equal parts liquid lecithin and vegetable oil and pour it into a spray bottle. Shake well, and use it to prevent food from sticking to pots and pans whose surfaces have no nonstick coating, like enamel, copper, and stainless steel cookware.
- TIP: Lecithin can be purchased at health food stores.
- Step 3: Mix Beat together equal parts vegetable oil, vegetable shortening, and flour with a whisk until smooth. Refrigerate the mixture in an airtight container, stir it well before using, and use the pastry brush to coat pans when you are ready to bake.
- FACT: Extra virgin olive oil is the purest oil and contains the highest monounsaturated fat content.
You Will Need
- Two spray bottles
- Olive oil
- Vegetable oil
- Liquid lecithin
- Vegetable shortening
- A whisk
- An airtight container
- A pastry brush