- Step 1: Draw outline Draw the outline of a monkey on the foam. The monkey should be bigger than the magnet but no larger than a postcard. Trace a picture from a book or magazine, or create your own monkey by drawing a circle for the stomach, a smaller circle for the mouth, and a small crescent shaped piece for a banana.
- TIP: Keep the shape of your monkey simple or it will be hard to cut out.
- Step 2: Paint features Use the poster paint to paint a nose, mouth, stomach, and other features on your monkey. Let the paint dry.
- Step 3: Glue on eyes Glue on the googly eyes to the monkey's face with tacky glue.
- Step 4: Cut out monkey Cut out the monkey and pieces.
- Step 5: Glue pieces Glue the mouth, belly, and banana onto the monkey with tacky glue, and let it dry.
- Step 6: Glue magnet Glue the magnet onto the back of the monkey using a dot of tacky glue and let it dry.Now put your cheerful new pet to work holding up this week's lunchroom menu.
- FACT: Capuchin monkeys are so smart they're sometimes trained to help people who are paralyzed.
You Will Need
- A sheet of plain white foam
- A pencil
- A pair of scissors
- Some poster paint
- A small paintbrush
- A pair of googly eyes
- A magnet about the size of a quarter
- And some tacky glue