- Step 1: Get outdoors Escape to the great outdoors. Whenever she feels stressed, Sandra Bullock heads to her ranch in Texas and enjoys the sights and sounds of nature.
- Step 2: Hit the spa Spend the day at a spa, a tried-and-true relaxation technique for stars from Martha Stewart to George Clooney.
- Step 3: Exercise Exercise. Jessica Biel's works out her stress and builds self-confidence by exercising regularly. Go for walks or hit the gym.
- Step 4: Meditate and practice yoga Meditate and practice yoga, like Madonna and Sting.
- TIP: Try a simple meditation technique where you focus on your breathing. Sit in a comfortable position with your back straight, and close your eyes.
- Step 5: Cook and eat comfort food Try cooking, like Ghost Whisperer's Jennifer Love Hewitt does. Or eating comfort foods – hers are cupcakes.
- Step 6: Soak in the tub Take a long hot bath – with lots of bubbles – or soak in a hot tub. That's what Kristin Chenoweth does to recharge.
- Step 7: Enjoy family time Spend time with your family, a favorite for Glenn Close, Kyra Sedgwick, and Angie Harmon.
- FACT: Many celebrities have suffered from anxiety, including Naomi Judd and Kim Basinger.
You Will Need
- An outdoor retreat
- A spa
- Meditation techniques
- Comfort food
- A bubble bath
- Your family