- Step 1: Start tugging Gently tug the lining or garment that is stuck in the zipper. Use tweezers if you cannot pull it out with your fingers.
- TIP: Do not force the zipper. You may break it and ruin the garment.
- Step 2: Use pencil lead Rub pencil lead against both sides of the zipper. The graphite will act as a lubricant.
- Step 3: Use household items Apply bar soap, lip balm, petroleum jelly, or olive oil to the zipper with a cotton swab.
- TIP: Bar soap can be washed off the easiest, and will not stain most materials.
- Step 4: Wiggle zipper Wiggle the zipper once the product has been applied, working the product into the teeth of the zipper.
- FACT: Gideon Sundback invented the zipper in 1913.
You Will Need
- A pencil
- Bar soap
- Lip balm
- Petroleum jelly
- Olive oil
- A cotton swab