- Step 1: Select the list Select the list you want to alphabetize.
- Step 2: Select the Sort option On the Home tab in Word 2007, in the Paragraph group, click Sort.
- TIP: In Word 2003, click on Sort in the Table menu.
- Step 3: Select the Paragraphs and Text options Select the paragraphs and text options in the Sort Text dialog box, under Sort by.
- TIP: In the My list has section, click No header row if your list does not include a header.
- Step 4: Select the alphabetization order Select either Ascending or Descending. Ascending gives a list in order from A to Z. Descending produces a list ordered from Z to A.
- Step 5: Click OK Click OK. The list is alphabetized.
- FACT: Did you know? "Alphabetize" comes from the first two letters of the Greek alphabet, alpha and beta.
You Will Need
- Microsoft Word 2003 or 2007
- A list of words to be alphabetized