- Step 1: Open iTunes and connect iPod Open iTunes and connect your iPod to your computer using either a USB cable or a Firewire.
- Step 2: Select iPod Select your iPod form the iTunes window, and then click on the Summary tab at the top of the screen.
- Step 3: Click Restore Click the Restore button and select one of the four restore options from the system prompt.
- TIP: Once you select an option and the process begins, all the data stored on your iPod will be lost forever, but your iTunes library will not be affected.
- Step 4: Enter iTunes name and password Enter your iTunes name and password when prompted, if you are a Mac user.
- Step 5: Wait Wait for the iPod to finish formatting itself, which may take several minutes.
- TIP: A progress bar on the iPod screen will allow you to monitor the amount of time remaining.
- Step 6: Follow iTunes setup Follow the prompts from iTunes and set up your iPod as if it were brand new.
- FACT: Did you know? A third of Americans under the age of 29 have an iPod or MP3 player, while only 13 percent of Americans over the age of 50 own a music device.
You Will Need
- A computer
- Your iPod
- The latest version of iTunes
- A USB cable or Firewire