- Step 1: Use tea Drag a wet tea bag across the paper. The tea will stain the paper, giving it an aged appearance.
- Step 2: Use coffee Place wet coffee grounds on the paper; then shake them off. The coffee will turn the paper brown and give it an aged appearance.
- Step 3: Use lemon juice Cover the paper with lemon juice, and then expose it near a flame. The longer the exposure, the darker the paper will become.
- TIP: Tea, coffee, and lemon juice are all acidic, and will decrease the life of the paper.
- Step 4: Burn the edges Tear the edges, then wet the inner borders slightly to keep from burning more of the paper than you want. Then burn the paper's edges.
- Step 5: Crumple the paper Carefully crumple the paper a couple of times, and then iron it.
- FACT: Did you know? There is archeological evidence of people consuming tea leaves steeped in boiling water as many as 500,000 years ago.
You Will Need
- A used tea bag
- Coffee grounds
- Lemon juice
- A flame
- An iron