- Step 1: Listen to her Actively listen when you're talking to a girl and focus on what's important to her.
- Step 2: Ask questions Ask questions that show you're interested. Ask her to expand on something she told you about herself.
- TIP: Maintain eye contact when you're talking to show you're interested in her.
- Step 3: Ask open-ended questions Ask open-ended questions that might have simple answers, but might also allow you to strike up a conversation.
- TIP: Avoid questions that have "yes" or "no" answers. You don't want to play 20 questions.
- Step 4: Be confident Act confidently, but don't be cocky. Body language says a lot about confidence, so stand up straight and practice good posture.
- Step 5: Talk clearly with strength Speak clearly and with authority. This doesn't mean you should talk like a police officer, but make sure she hears you and can tell you believe what you're saying. Be direct and to the point.
- TIP: Showing passion about things you care about is good, but don't overdo it.
- Step 6: Keep the conversation light Keep the conversation light while you're getting to know her. Avoid controversial topics, like religion and politics, and sad or profound topics, like death. Start on a lighter note. You want her to remember you fondly, not as a potential threat.
- Step 7: Be yourself Be yourself. That's who you want her to like.
- FACT: Did You Know? A study found that of 114 Americans who had been romantically rejected in the eight weeks prior to the study, 40 percent were clinically depressed.
You Will Need
- A girl to talk to
- Listening skills