- Step 1: Cut calories Take in fewer calories by eating more fruits and vegetables and fewer foods with lots of saturated fats.
- Step 2: Eat less fat Eat lean meats, nuts, and healthy oils. Stay away from high-fat dairy, meats, and snacks.
- Step 3: Eat to live Consume only as much as you need each day and only when you are hungry. Examine your eating habits: Eating to soothe your feelings, for example, can lead to overeating and weight gain.
- Step 4: Move your body Start walking, running, or dancing for at least 30 minutes every day to burn fat and boost your metabolism.
- TIP: Find activity you enjoy, like yoga, belly dancing, or hula hooping, so you’ll want to do it every day. Mix and match your activities for the week.
- Step 5: Lift weights Do strength training to increase your fat-to-muscle ratio and raise your metabolism.
- FACT: Did you know? Being overweight increases your risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.
You Will Need
- Fruits and vegetables
- Lean meats
- and vegetables
- Enjoyable physical activities (optional)