- Step 1: Study each card Study each card and become familiar with every monster, spell, and trap in your deck.
- TIP: Collect booster packs to custom create your own unique deck and tailor it for each duel. The key to a good deck is diversity and balance.
- Step 2: Locate an opponent Locate an opponent to play with, such as a friend or family member.
- TIP: While you only need two people to play, teams of several players can make each duel more challenging and fun.
- Step 3: Shuffle and cut decks Shuffle and cut each deck and place them face down on the game mat.
- Step 4: Flip coin Flip a coin to decide play order. The winner can choose to either receive or challenge.
- Step 5: Draw and duel Draw your first five cards and begin the duel by placing the cards face up and deciding a winner based on the card's information.
- TIP: Since the number of possible play combinations can number into the thousands, an official rulebook may be needed for beginners.
- Step 6: Determine winner Determine the winner by scoring backwards from 8,000 for each player. The loser is the first to reach zero points or run out of cards.
- FACT: The comic book Yu-Gi-Oh! began as a regular feature in the magazine Shonen Jump in 1996.
You Will Need
- A Yu-Gi-Oh starter deck
- An opponent with a deck
- An official game mat
- A coin
- Yu-Gi-Oh booster packs (optional)
- Additional players (optional)
- An official rulebook (optional)