- Step 1: Set up iron Set your iron on low and use an ironing board with a terry cloth cover.
- TIP: The iron temperature should not exceed 140 degrees for polyester and silk ties and should not exceed 170 degrees for wool ties.
- Step 2: Spray with water Spray the tie with water. Then cover it with a cotton cloth for protection.
- Step 3: Iron Iron from the top of the tie toward the bottom. To prevent stretching, never iron in a circular motion.
- Step 4: Hang up Hang the tie on a hanger or put it in a tie case immediately for later use.
- FACT: Starch used on clothes before storing attracts insects and mold.
You Will Need
- A tie
- An iron
- An ironing board with terry cloth cover
- A spray bottle
- A cotton cloth
- A hanger or tie case