- : Taking aloe or aloe latex orally for laxative effects may lead to cramping or diarrhea.
- Step 1: Cut off an aloe vera leaf Using a serrated knife, cut a large aloe vera leaf from a living plant. The leaf should be green and thick.
- Step 2: Drain the liquid resin Hold the leaf cut side down and allow the liquid resin in the inner lining of the leaf to drip out.
- TIP: Persons allergic to garlic and onions may have allergic reactions to aloe.
- Step 3: Cut off the top layer Cut off the top layer of the leaf’s skin to expose the underlying layer of aloe vera gel.
- Step 4: Cut away the sides of the leaf Cut away the skin from the two sides of the leaf.
- Step 5: Remove the gel Cut the layer of gel away from the bottom layer of skin and place it in a cup.
- FACT: Some taxonomists have suggested that aloe vera is an ancient hybrid and not a naturally developed species.
You Will Need
- An aloe vera plant
- A serrated knife