- Step 1: Look at top card Look at the top card of the deck before you perform the trick.
- Step 2: Put deck under handkerchief Show your audience the deck of cards; face down in your palm.
- Step 3: Put handkerchief over deck Place a handkerchief over the deck while turning it so the face is up, without the audience noticing.
- TIP: Keep the audience engaged with a joke or a bit of magic history.
- Step 4: Cut the deck Have an audience member cut the deck.
- Step 5: Pick up bottom pile Pick up the bottom pile and flip it over under the handkerchief so it is face down again in your palm.
- Step 6: Show deck Show the deck, face down in your hand, tap the top card, and reveal the card to the audience.
- Step 7: Tell audience card Tell the audience what card you are holding up. Bow and take in the applause
- FACT: The oldest known deck of cards had four suits containing designs of coins, cups, swords and polo sticks.
You Will Need
- A deck of cards
- An audience
- A handkerchief