- Step 1: Arrange deck so the cards all show one color Arrange the deck of cards so that all of the red sides of the cards are face up and the blue sides are face down.
- TIP: Double-backed decks can be purchased at most magic shops, or make your own by gluing together two different colored decks, face to face.
- Step 2: Fan the cards with the red backs showing Place the stack of cards on a table. Fan them out without turning the cards over so that your audience can see that the backs of all of the cards are red.
- Step 3: Restack the cards Un-fan the cards so that they are stacked neatly. Say "Watch closely as I change these cards from red to blue."
- Step 4: Pick deck up the palm of your hand Carefully pick the whole deck of cards up in the palm of your hand, with the red backs touching your palm.
- TIP: Be careful not to let your audience see the bottom of your deck when you're picking it up.
- Step 5: Turn your palm over Quickly turn your palm over so that the blue backs are now face up. The palm of your hand should be pointing up.
- Step 6: Fan the deck of cards with the blue backs up Let the deck of cards slide onto the table from your palm, so that the blue backs are showing. Fan the cards to show that all of the cards are now blue.
- FACT: The color wheel was invented by Isaac Newton.
You Will Need
- A double-backed deck of cards