- Step 1: Put double-backed cards on ends of deck Square the cards with the double-backed cards on the top and bottom, the blue sides facing the same direction.
- Step 2: Arrange the Queens in the middle of the deck Arrange the Queens between the double-backed cards, with all blue backs facing the same direction. Put the cards in the sleeve.
- TIP: Be sure to remember how the cards are arranged in the sleeve. Know which way each suit on the Queen faces.
- Step 3: Ask audience to pick a suit Ask someone in the audience to shout the name of any suit. Announce that you will now make the Queen of that suit magically appear.
- Step 4: Pull cards out of the sleeve, suited Queen face up Say, "Now I will awaken your sleeping Queen." Pull the cards out of the sleeve, with the Queen of the chosen suit face up and turned towards the audience.
- TIP: Show the audience the empty card sleeve so they know you aren't hiding extra cards.
- Step 5: Fan the cards to show the Queen Fan the cards, showing the audience the backs of three cards and the face of the card with the Queen of the chosen suit.
- Step 6: Flip the Queen and show it has changed color Pull the Queen out of the stack, quickly flipping it over to reveal that its back is a different color from the other cards.
- TIP: Be careful not to show the other suit marking on the Queen. Cover it with your thumb or flip the cards quickly so that the audience can't notice.
- Step 7: Return the cards to the sleeve and never let your audience know about the secret of your magic cards, no matter how much they beg!
- FACT: The earliest packs of European trading cards included face cards, but no Queens.
You Will Need
- Two double-backed cards
- red and blue
- Two double-suited Queen cards with different colored backs
- A card sleeve
- An audience