- Step 1: Fold Fold the dollar bill in half, crosswise from end to end. Then fold it lengthwise, from top to bottom.
- Step 2: Tear Make a small tear, about a quarter inch long, a half inch in from the folded edge of the bill.
- Step 3: Pretend to rip Pretend to rip this piece off with your right fingers while actually holding the corner folded down with your left thumb. Pretend to throw this piece away.
- TIP: Run your nail along the back of the bill to make the tearing sound effect.
- Step 4: Ask audience Ask the audience how many holes will be in the bill when you unfold it. Will there be one, two, or four?
- Step 5: Unfold Cover the torn piece with your fingers as you unfold the bill, snapping it open. Ask them to point out the holes. There will be none, just a tiny slit that won't be visible to the eye.
- FACT: No longer produced, the $100,000 U.S. bill bears a portrait of the President Woodrow Wilson.
You Will Need
- A dollar bill
- An audience