- Step 1: Place feet apart Place your feet a few inches apart and facing forward.
- Step 2: Turn right foot outward Turn your right foot until the toes point outward and your heel is perpendicular to your left foot.
- Step 3: Lift right heel Lift your right heel and place your weight on the ball of your right foot.
- Step 4: Shift weight to left foot Push off with your right foot, sliding your left foot away from the right, gradually lowering your right heel while simultaneously raising your left heel and shifting your weight to the toe of your left foot.
- TIP: Practice makes perfect, so practice shifting the weight from your right foot to your left foot.
- Step 5: Slide right foot in front of left foot Pivot your right foot on the heel to point your toes back toward your left foot, and slide your right foot in front of your left.
- Step 6: Lower left heel and slide right foot to its toes Lower your left heel and, at the same time, slide your right foot to its toes by raising the right heel.
- Step 7: Continue gliding Continue gliding by repetition.
- FACT: Did you know? In 2007, BET network named James Brown the greatest dancer of all time.
You Will Need
- Hip-hop dance music
- Slippery soles