- Step 1: Find out whether you’re qualified Go to the FBI’s web site and see if you fit the bill. Candidates must be U.S. citizens, college graduates, and willing to travel.
- TIP: Applicants with criminal or drug histories won’t make the cut.
- Step 2: Make sure the FBI can actually use you Make sure the FBI can actually use you. The Bureau needs candidates who can help at one of its Special Agent Entry Programs.
- TIP: If you have experience with accounting, computers and technology, foreign languages, or the law, you may have an advantage.
- Step 3: Fill out the online application Fill out the online application at fbi.gov.
- Step 4: Make sure you don’t have any skeletons in your closet Make sure you don’t have any skeletons in your closet. Be prepared to undergo a series of comprehensive background, psychological, and security checks.
- Step 5: Pack your bags Pack your bags. If you’ve made it this far, you’re off to the FBI Academy.
- FACT: Did you know? Since 1950, the FBI has apprehended 94 percent of the suspects on its Ten Most Wanted List.
You Will Need
- A computer with internet access
- U.S. citizenship
- A Bacheloru2019s degree
- Excellent physical and mental health
- Drug and crime-free past