- Step 1: Remove stains Rub your hands with a raw potato to remove food stains.
- Step 2: Apply to eyes Apply cut slices of raw, cold potato to your eyes to make puffiness disappear.
- Step 3: Hold in place Hold a floral arrangement in place by cutting a potato in half lengthwise and placing it cut side down. Poke holes in the potato with the scratch awl or screwdriver where you want the flowers to go, and then insert the stems.
- Step 4: Restore shoes Restore your old shoes by cutting a raw potato in half and rubbing it on your shoes. Then apply shoe polish for shine.
- Step 5: Use as a compress Use a potato as a hot compress by boiling it, wrapping it in a towel, and then applying it to the area.
- TIP: Refrigerate a boiled potato to use as a cold compress.
- Step 6: Remove tarnish Remove tarnish from your silverware by first boiling a couple of potatoes. Remove the potatoes and set your silverware in the water for one hour. Then wash and rinse the silverware.
- FACT: Did you know? Thomas Jefferson introduced French fried potatoes to the U.S.
You Will Need
- A potato
- Ski goggles
- A scratch awl or screwdriver
- A floral arrangement
- Shoes and shoe polish
- Tarnished silverware