- Step 1: Marinate meat Marinate meat by placing it in a plastic zipper-top bag with beer. Let the meat marinate for several hours before draining and cooking.
- TIP: Beer’s acidic nature breaks down the tendons in the meat and acts as a tenderizer.
- Step 2: Add flavor to food Add flavor to recipes by using beer as an ingredient in the sauce, base, or coating.
- Step 3: Polish copper Polish the tarnished bottom of a pot, or any other copper object, with beer to remove stains and give a lustrous finish. Pour the beer on, let it sit for a few minutes, and then wipe it off.
- Step 4: Deal with pests Deal with pesky snails, slugs, and bees by leaving a shallow dish filled with beer in your garden. The creatures will climb in and drown.
- Step 5: Fall asleep easier Fall asleep easier by washing your pillowcase in beer. The hops in beer give the pillowcase a comforting nutty scent, which will help you relax and go to sleep.
- TIP: Use a beer shampoo to add shine to your hair.
- Step 6: Make beer-sicles Make beer-sicles by freezing beer in a popsicle maker. Adults will enjoy this unusual summer treat.
- : Don't drink unless you're of legal age. Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.
- Step 7: Take a beer bath Pour a few cans of beer into your next bath. The vitamins and yeast are very good for the skin. Take a quick shower after!
- FACT: Did you know? Hops, a primary ingredient in beer, were introduced in North America in 1629.
You Will Need
- A zippered plastic bag
- A tarnished copper pot
- A shallow dish
- A pillowcase
- A popsicle maker