- Step 1: Hold phone book at corners Hold the phone book by the top or bottom corners.
- Step 2: Extend thumbs and index fingers Extend your thumbs and index fingers towards the center as far as they will go.
- Step 3: Pinch the phone book Pinch the phone book in the center using your thumbs and index fingers and create a narrow V shape in the pages.
- TIP: Look for air pockets to form between the pages in the center of the V.
- Step 4: Pull out and down Pull each half of the phone book out and then down while maintaining the pinched center.
- Step 5: Rip in opposite directions Rip the two halves in opposite directions in one smooth motion.
- FACT: Did you know? The first "phone book" was created in 1878 and was just a single sheet of paper.
You Will Need
- An old phone book
- Good grip