- Step 1: Apply moisturizer Apply moisturizer, SPF 15 or higher, after washing your face.
- TIP: Exposure to sunlight creates more freckles and darkens the ones you already have.
- Step 2: Apply concealer Apply concealer to your darkest freckles. Use a concealer that’s one shade lighter than your skin tone. Use a makeup sponge or gently pat it on with your fingers.
- Step 3: Blend foundation Blend a full coverage foundation over your face using a clean makeup sponge.
- TIP: Visit your local department store for foundation advice. A makeup consultant can recommend the best shade and formula for your skin.
- Step 4: Dust on powder Dust on loose or pressed powder to set the foundation.
- Step 5: Consult dermatologist Consult a dermatologist if you wish to permanently lighten your freckles with a prescription bleaching agent.
- FACT: Did you know? Judy Blume’s book Freckle Juice was inspired by her daughter Randy’s bath-time blend of shampoo, soap, and powder, which Randy dubbed "freckle juice."
You Will Need
- Makeup sponges
- Loose or pressed powder
- Prescription bleaching agent
- Professional advice (optional)