- Step 1: Visit biz.yelp.com Go to biz.yelp.com and search for your business. Not there? Add it by clicking on "Having trouble finding your business?" and completing a short form. If it is there, select it from the drop-down menu, and click "Next step."
- Step 2: Create your free business account Create your free business account in a matter of moments by supplying your name, e-mail, and a password. Make sure you're near the phone line that appears on your Yelp page, as that's how Yelp confirms you're affiliated with the business.
- Step 3: Get to know your customers! Read what's being said about your business. You can learn a lot about your customers -- and attract new ones -- by paying close attention to what they like, want, and need.
- TIP: Eighty-five percent of Yelp reviews are positive, awarding three or more stars.
- Step 4: Join the conversation Respond to customer reviews, privately or publicly. Communicating with your customers offers many benefits: For example, contacting a customer privately can turn a disappointed customer into a satisfied one, and commenting publicly on a review allows you to correct any inaccuracies.
- TIP: Be diplomatic in all your responses. Yelp users sometimes use the "Review Update" feature, and change a negative review to positive after being contacted by an apologetic business owner.
- Step 5: Check out your graph Check out your business graph, which tracks how many people are viewing your business page on Yelp. It helps you see the connection between views of your business listing and customers coming through your door!
- Step 6: Put your best food forward Make your business more attractive to potential customers by adding photos to your Yelp listing. You can also include a bio, list any specialties, and recommend other businesses. Yelp's free tools make it easy.
- Step 7: Keep 'em coming back! Motivate customers to check your listing on a regular basis by periodically promoting discounts, special events, and limited-time offers on your page.
- TIP: Don't solicit reviews. Yelp has a filter that weeds out suspicious reviews, and consumers are wary of ones that seem inauthentic.
- Step 8: Stay engaged Be active on the site. It's an easy way to learn what keeps your customers coming back, and what you can do to entice new ones! So what are you waiting for? Go to biz.yelp.com and join the conversation about your business today!
You Will Need
- A computer with internet access
- A business phone number