- Step 1: Drink caffeine Drink beverages with lots of caffeine but little or no sugar. Avoid energy drinks, as they are high in sugar, which will make you crash hard later.
- Step 2: Be active Be physically active throughout the day. Take walks periodically get your blood flowing.
- Step 3: Eat protein-rich food Eat protein-rich foods for breakfast such as eggs, lean meats, and nuts, which will give you lasting energy.
- TIP: Keep a bag of nuts on hand to snack on.
- Step 4: Take a nap Take a short nap in the afternoon – as little as 10 minutes! – to relieve your tired brain and body.
- FACT: Drinking one beer when you are sleep-deprived has the effect of as many as two or three beers when you are well-rested.
You Will Need
- A caffeinated beverage
- Lean meats
- A nap