- Step 1: Do not respond Do not respond to phone messages, e-mails, or text messages.
- TIP: Do not lead someone on. Be specific about your feelings.
- Step 2: Avoid eye contact Avoid eye contact if you see him in person.
- Step 3: Do not engage in conversation Do not engage in a conversation. If he starts up one with you, politely excuse yourself.
- Step 4: Avoid likely places Avoid places where he will be hanging out. Do not visit his work, school, or places he hangs out with friends.
- FACT: Most stalkers are the spouse, ex-spouse, acquaintance, or a family member of the victim.
You Will Need