- Step 1: Remove the base of the blender Remove the base from the blender's pitcher – the threaded base, the gasket, and the blade.
- Step 2: Fill jar Put whatever you want to blend or process into the mason or mayonnaise jar.
- TIP: Always use a glass jar.
- Step 3: Screw jar to base Screw the jar to the base of the blender's pitcher, including the gasket and blade, making sure it fits tightly.
- TIP: When you screw on the base, the blades should have at least ¼-inch clearance on all sides.
- Step 4: Place jar on motor assembly Place the jar on the blender motor assembly as you would the blender pitcher.
- TIP: Use your blender and the mason jar to grind spices or coffee, to whip cream, or to make single serving drinks. When you are done, place a lid on the jar to store the contents.
- Step 5: Turn on blender Turn on the blender or pulse the blades until the food inside the jar is at the desired consistency.
- Step 6: Remove jar and then blade Remove the jar, turn it upright, and remove the blade assembly. Enjoy this efficient new tool for your kitchen.
- FACT: Mason jars were originally developed to withstand the high temperatures necessary for processing pickles.
You Will Need
- A blender
- A small-mouth mason jar or mayonnaise jar
- Spices (optional)
- Coffee (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- A lid for the jar (optional)