- : Children under 10 should use safety scissors, and an adult should help older children.
- Step 1: Place hand on paper Place your hand, palm down, on one piece of construction paper.
- Step 2: Start at wrist Trace around your hand, starting at your wrist.
- TIP: Keep your hand steady and your fingers apart.
- Step 3: Cut out hand Cut out your traced hand.
- Step 4: Glue turkey Glue your hand cutout onto the other piece of paper.
- Step 5: Use markers to draw Use the markers to draw feet below the wrist of the cutout, a comb dangling from the cutout's thumb, and a beak at the thumb tip.
- TIP: Instead of markers, you can also use cutouts of different colored construction paper.
- Step 6: Glue eyes Glue the turkey's eye on the thumb, above the beak.
- Step 7: Glue feathers Glue tail feathers on the fingers, and color the body of your turkey. Display it on your refrigerator or in a window.
- FACT: Did you know? Wild turkeys can run up to twenty miles per hour.
You Will Need
- Two different colored pieces of construction paper
- A pencil
- A wiggle eye
- Colored feathers