- Step 1: Dampen a rag Dampen a rag and wring out the excess water.
- Step 2: Mix toothpaste and baking soda Mix a paste of equal parts toothpaste and baking soda in the small bowl.
- Step 3: Gently rub into stain Gently rub the paste into the stain with the damp rag.
- TIP: Repeat this process if it doesn't all come out the first time.
- Step 4: Try mayonnaise and ashes paste Mix ½ teaspoon mayonnaise with enough ashes to make a thick paste.
- Step 5: Rub the stain Dip the rag into the paste and rub the watermark until the stain disappears.
- TIP: A black stain means the stain has penetrated beyond the finish into the wood and will need to be stripped, sanded, and refinished.
- Step 6: Wipe off paste and polish Wipe off the paste and polish the furniture as you normally would.
- FACT: Did you know? In 2009, a chair owned by Yves Saint Laurent and referred to as "The Dragons" was sold at a Christie's Auction House for $28.3 million.
You Will Need
- A rag
- Baking soda
- A small bowl
- u00bd tsp. mayonnaise
- Ashes from cigars
- or burnt paper
- Furniture polish