- Step 1: Avoid alcohol and spicy food Avoid alcohol and spicy foods, which can trigger a natural blushing effect.
- Step 2: Take a deep breath Take a deep breath to help you relax when blush-inducing situations occur.
- Step 3: Get hypnotized Get help from a hypnotist to help you build confidence and crush your blushing issues.
- Step 4: Talk with your doctor Talk with your doctor or psychiatrist who may prescribe a drug to combat chronic blushing.
- Step 5: Control your emotions Stay calm and keep your emotions under control. High levels of stress can affect your complexion.
- TIP: Find ways to relax in social situations.
- Step 6: Dress appropriately Dress appropriately for the weather, and cover your face if it's cold outside. Extreme temperatures can make your face red.
- FACT: Charles Darwin's book, The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals, published in 1873, has an entire chapter devoted to blushing.
You Will Need
- Relaxation techniques
- Appropriate clothing