- Step 1: Write goals down Discuss your kids' goals with them and write the goals on a piece of paper. Be specific, and think big while being realistic.
- TIP: Rewrite the goals often to keep them focused and motivated.
- Step 2: Speak their goal Have your kids say their goals and achievements out loud every morning. Repeating them will make them stick and will help chart progress.
- Step 3: Break down the goals Break the goals down into steps. Make each step a sub-goal, leading to the achievement of their final goal.
- TIP: Celebrate each small step achieved toward the larger goal with a reward.
- Step 4: Learn from experience Look at any slip-ups as learning experiences. Slipping is expected and should be taken in stride.
- Step 5: Visualize goal Teach your kids to visualize themselves achieving their goals.
- Step 6: Share goal with others Encourage kids to share their goals with family and friends to keep them motivated. Schedule time with other kids with similar goals.
- Step 7: Inspire Inspire your kids by reading them others' success stories or sharing your own.
- FACT: Did you know? You can build confidence in your child by letting them make their own choices and encouraging their curiosity.
You Will Need
- A pen or pencil
- A positive attitude