- Step 1: Get a partner Choose someone your prospective cuddle partner. Hang out a while with them. Enjoy each other’s company.
- TIP: Make sure you aren't oozing sweat, body odor, or bad breath. If you are, take care of it.
- Step 2: Get comfortable Take off restrictive clothing. Even better, cuddle when you're wearing pajamas. Suggest a comfortable spot to sit together, such as a sofa, loveseat, or bed.
- TIP: Help set the right mood by playing soft music or a romantic movie.
- Step 3: Get permission Make sure your partner is interested in cuddling. If permission is not implied, it's OK to say, "Hey, wanna cuddle?"
- Step 4: Get closer Move closer to your partner. Start by giving them a long hug, or putting your arm around their shoulder.
- Step 5: Cuddle Wrap your arms around your partner and let your body rest against theirs. You can hold hands, or gently caress or massage their shoulders, head, or arms.
- Step 6: Share your feelings Open up to your partner about your feelings to make it more intimate. Or ask how their day went. Use a soft, loving tone of voice when you speak.
- Step 7: Enjoy it Enjoy the feelings of oneness, security, and affection that cuddling gives you both.
- FACT: Did you know? Cuddling makes us feel good in part because it can make the body release oxytocin, also known as "the cuddle hormone."
You Will Need
- A cuddle partner
- Comfortable clothes or pajamas
- A sofa
- or bed
- Mood music or a romantic movie (optional)