- Step 1: Draw body and arms Draw an oval for the body. Add clawed arms on each side of the oval, positioning them at the oval's midpoint.
- TIP: There are no rules when it comes to drawing monsters. You can create them large or small, fierce or funny, scaly or furry.
- Step 2: Add tail Attach the right edge of a large U-shape to the body's right lower edge, just below the arm. Curve it upward and inward, then bring it back, connecting it to the oval's left side.
- TIP: Always draw outer shapes before adding details.
- Step 3: Add details Add one large or several small eyes at the center of the oval. Draw a mouth and add one or more triangles at the top of the head for horns.
- Step 4: Apply imagination Use your imagination and add details, such as wings, scales, multiple arms, or a flaming jaw and sharp teeth.
- Step 5: Erase guidelines Erase unwanted guidelines. One final tip – next time you open your closet, check for monsters, because you never know what might lurk in the shadows.
- FACT: Frankenstein was Mary Shelley's answer to Lord Byron's challenge to her to write a ghost story.
You Will Need